Take Back Santa Cruz was formed with one goal: Help make Santa Cruz safe and free from drugs, gangs, and abusive behavior.
We initially created this Facebook presence as a closed group to minimize spam and encourage frank speech. As we have grown, we have come to realize the need for gentle reminders to stay on point. The goal of public safety should remain at the center of all page activity.
We love our diverse community, and everyone is welcome here.
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when posting.
- Do not post, promote, encourage or distribute content — or any type of activity — that is illegal, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, invasive of personal privacy or, in a reasonable person’s view, objectionable.
- Personal attacks (i.e. race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.) to harass, threaten, or embarrass another member will not be tolerated.
- Anything that is considered a blanket insult to the group will be immediately deleted. If you have genuine concerns about TBSC, please constructively state them and offer possible solutions.
- Responses to posts that become threads of personal arguments, that in no way benefit the purpose and/or best interests of the group, will be deleted.
- Inflammatory, accusatory, and irrelevant posts likely will be deleted. Likewise, video footage and photos of individuals that may be considered defamatory may be deleted.
- Individuals who post videos and photos accept full personal responsibility for their content and posts. Please don’t post photos of people’s faces or license plates unless they are part of an active investigation with law enforcement. Otherwise, we welcome descriptions, just not photos.
- Individuals with false or misleading Facebook profiles likely will have their TBSC membership terminated.
- Quotes, photos, and screenshots from the TBSC Facebook page may not be used without permission. The authors of comments posted on a page of Facebook own the copyrights in their postings. Therefore, you cannot republish their postings without obtaining their consent. Also, if you post “screenshots” of a Facebook page, you are violating terms and conditions of Facebook, and potentially Facebook’s trademark rights. Facebook has developed its terms to protect its users and facilitate these goals. Specifically, these terms prohibit: Publishing screenshots from Facebook that contain personally identifiable information about Facebook users without first obtaining the users’ written consent to publish the screenshots; Publishing screenshots of a Facebook user profile without first obtaining the written consent of the creator of the profile.
- Exceptions to posts about public safety may include posts clearly intended for community involvement and/or cohesion. Business promotion and for-profit events will be deleted.
Rules and guidelines may change, and new rules may be added at any time. Please check back and understand that you are responsible for compliance.
Facebook Group Page vs. Official Organization Facebook Page and WEB Pages
It is a common practice for a non-profit to utilize a Closed Facebook Group page.
Our closed group Facebook page is a place for TBSC supporters to connect with each other, to have discussions, is mostly populated by member content/threads/posts, and is to provide the group members a private forum to communicate with one another.
Please note: The TBSC closed group “forum” page and the comments and opinions expressed by our Facebook page members, do not represent the values, opinions or mission of the TBSC organization or its officials.
Our official Take Back Santa Cruz organizational pages are our WEB Page (http://takebacksantacruz.org/) and Facebook Take Back Santa Cruz Page (https://www.facebook.com/takebacksantacruz/). Together they are the official public presence of our organization, Take Back Santa Cruz (TBSC).